Skip to main content




The FAFSA must be submitted between January 1-March 2, 2013 if you want to be eligible for financial aid next school year.
The financial aid process involves the following steps:
1. Gather all the documents you will need.

You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents’ income information if you are a dependent student. For the 2013-2014 school year you will need financial information from 2012. Fill in any blanks below. You may need to refer to:

THIS IS IMPORTANT: You MUST enter your Social Security Number correctly so bring a copy (not the original) of your social security card or your green card. Remember, if you or your parents have a TIN, which is the number that authorizes you to work, this is not a social security number and you may not use this number for FAFSA. Ask your parents if what you have is actually a social security number or if it is a permit to work. To apply for FAFSA, you must have a social security number. AB540 students, take note: if you applied for DACA, the number you got is not a social security number and may not be used for FAFSA. Instead, you will fill out the Dream Act Application.

To organize your information, you can print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet before you begin entering your information online. However, you are not required to do so. FAFSA on the Web will guide you through the questions that you must answer, and you can save your application and return to it later if you don’t have the information you need to answer any of the questions.

Keep these records! You may need them again. Do not mail your records to Federal Student Aid.

Please be aware that you can use your income tax return (if you have one) and your parents’ income tax return from 2011. The important thing is to submit your FAFSA application as soon as possible. It is easy to make the necessary changes later.

  • Your Social Security card.
  • Bring a copy of Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a     U.S. citizen)
  • Your driver’s license (if you have one)
  • Your parents’ education level (middle school, high school, post secondary, unknown)
  • Your parents’ marriage or separation or divorce or widowed date, month/year ___/___
  • If parents have NOT lived in CA since before January 1, 2007, give the month and year of the initial residency of the one who has lived in CA longer.  ___/____
  • Your PIN #_____
  • Your 2012 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
  • Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2012 Federal Income Tax Return. Either IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
  • Your 2012 untaxed income records
  • Your current bank statements
  • Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
  • Your parent’s PIN # _____ (parents with no social security number cannot get a PIN)
  • Your Parents’ 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
  • If they have not yet completed the 2012 return, you can use your parents’ 2011 Federal Income Tax Return
  • List of colleges you are interested in attending

2. Apply for a federal PIN at 

  • The PIN will be needed to electronically sign the FAFSA to speed the process, check the status, and make corrections.
  • Students and parents must each have their own PIN. If the parent does not have a valid social security number, you may print the signature page, have the parent sign it and mail it. Remember to request a Certificate of Mailing from the post office for your records.
3. Go to to complete the financial aid application.
  • You may print a FAFSA Worksheet on the web to write in your answers then   transfer the data to FAFSA. The Worksheet is optional but recommended. The FAFSA is also available in Spanish. Make revisions as many times as needed.
4 The Cal Grant GPA Verification
          The district electronically submitted your financial GPA to the state.
           If there has been a mistake, please talk to Mrs. Adrian-Thiroux.
5. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) sent by the federal government.
  • You should receive the SAR within 3 days after submitting the FAFSA.
  • Review your SAR for accuracy and update it if necessary.
6.  Review your California Aid Report (CAR) sent by the state government.
7. If you are applying to private schools, find out if you need to complete the
8. Check your e-mail on a regular basis.
If you need assistance, please visit the College Center.

What is Federal Financial Aid?

Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation.

At the office of Federal Student Aid, they help make college education possible for every dedicated mind by providing more than $150 billion in federal grants, loans, and work-study funds each year to more than 15 million students paying for college or career school.

FAFSA Deadline

Apply for Financial Aid with time. Final deadline for FAFSA is March 2nd